Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
18.01.19 at 22:48:03
News: We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Where did you see balloons (Read 30755 times)
Karen and Sophie
Top Member

Re: Where did you see balloons
Reply #15 - 12.04.09 at 22:35:43

In our town on Friday and saw balloons in Birthdays, Clinton cards, Superdrug and Waterstones.  Sophie wanted to look at the books in Waterstones as we have won a voucher to spend but the balloons were in the childrens section directly by the teenage section where she wanted to look, needlessly to say we made a swift exit  Angry

Teddy, we have a Dreams bed store and EVERY time we walk into town we have to go by and they always have loads of balloons tied all along the railings.  We have to cross the road and walk by very quickly  Roll Eyes

I am sure it is getting much worse.

Karen x

Sophie - Type 1 latex allergy
Also allergies to all tree nuts, peanuts & eggs
Carries Epipen
Also severely affected by ME
  IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - 13.04.09 at 20:08:13

Hi Karen

I had never heard of dreams beds before like you say there is one near you we were out a run and we were luckily in the car but they were tied to the railings just like you said.

I haven't been out shopping at main shops for a while so not been listing up where I see balloons. I am trying to shop in little towns where there are still some individual shops and I also shop at Morrisons and have had no bother with balloons lately. Thankfully. But like you say they are everywhere we look these days.

Take care and love to Sophie
Teddy Smiley

Teddy
  IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #17 - 21.04.09 at 15:19:31

Avoid Gunwarf Keys in Portsmouth as they have a chap who makes balloon animals for the kids... so where ever you walk within the complex you will run into kids with balloons.... Espeially at weekends..... also numerous shops inside complex which use balloons for promotions...

IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #18 - 21.04.09 at 16:07:20

Hi Liz

The only reason I am not constantly posting on this topic is that I am trying to avoid city centres and shopping malls. I am trying to do my shopping in little local towns rather than face the gauntlet of balloons but I know everytime I do go to the centre or malls there are always balloons around.

I hate the fact that these are being given to children whose parents are obviously unaware of the potential danger.

I just hope that one day they will be banned and people will start to use healthier alternatives.

Take care Liz

Teddy

Teddy
  IP Logged
Karen and Sophie
Top Member

Reply #19 - 21.04.09 at 21:06:13

I was in Nat West bank today and that was full of bright pink balloons, thankfully Sophie was not with me.  What possible reason could there be for a bank to put balloons up  undecided  Angry  

We were in Gunwharfs Key a couple of weeks ago and did see some children with balloon animals.  Thankfully we wern't shopping there, went up the Spinnaker tower and luckily that was fine!

Karen x

Sophie - Type 1 latex allergy
Also allergies to all tree nuts, peanuts & eggs
Carries Epipen
Also severely affected by ME
  IP Logged
Mel_P
Newbies

!

Reply #20 - 02.11.09 at 11:17:27

Sainsbury's had orange and black balloons festooned over all their check out tills for Halloween in my town this weekend..... nightmare  Angry

Email   IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #21 - 02.11.09 at 16:06:15

I went to a very rare night out with friends and there was balloons on all the tables. The management were happy to remove them before I went in.

It was a restaurant in town.

Teddy

With Christmas coming up we will see even more balloons than usual. They start putting them up in shopping malls and Boots chemist and superdrug and I see most of the phone shops seem to have balloons. I just try to avoid the places that have them.

In Glasgow Buchanan Galleries last year took all the balloons down in the actual shopping mall after I complained and explained why I was complaining so have not been there yet this year to see if they have remembered or not.

I try to do my Christmas shopping earlier to avoid as much shops as I can and the great thing is we can shop online nowadays something I used to say I would never do but it is so easy and no pushing and shoving from nasty people who seem to forget their manners in shops.

Does anyone else find that at Christmas time people turn into demons. Shocked

Take care all

Teddy

Teddy
  IP Logged
Jen

!

Reply #22 - 30.11.09 at 09:15:21

The Mall (Cribbs Causeway), Bristol had several shops giving away balloons yesterday including Mcdonalds and Clifton Photography.   Angry There did seem to be less than usual though.  Maybe they are waiting until December...  

Jen

IP Logged
Sandra
Newbies

!

Reply #23 - 02.01.10 at 12:18:15

My Partner works at the local Tesco Optitions and her boss has decided in her infnite wisdom to start giving away balloons to children that go past.
She knows about my allergy too  Angry

Also in Perth last Thursday and Phones 4 U, Orange and Thompsons travel have loads outside their shop and giving them away to childrens grrrr, I left, didn't want to stay down town after that

Sandy Xx

IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #24 - 02.01.10 at 13:08:49

I hope your partner tells your Boss to stop giving them away. We have to educate people to the dangers of latex allergy and of course to the dreaded balloons. Also Tesco should be adopting a latex free balloon policy. Make sure she knows about that.

Take care
Teddy Smiley

I know it appears that there are balloons all around and it gets worse at times like christmas and advertising new year sales. Angry

Teddy
  IP Logged
LASG Forum Administrator
LASG Forum Administrator

Reply #25 - 12.04.10 at 15:57:47

I have put a new board in the members only section relating to the use of balloons in Boots stores.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #26 - 19.04.10 at 12:37:54

I notice with the elections coming up that most of them use balloons. I steer clear of anyone I see in the street when its election time and they are out and about canvassing for votes.

Teddy

Teddy
  IP Logged
latexal

!

Reply #27 - 03.05.10 at 22:30:03

Hi Everyone
Well today was bound to be full of balloons it Bank Holiday Monday and the balloon fairy visits every shopping/garden centre in the land namely
Dreams beds in Chester greyhound retail park
Crazy Bowl same location
CSL
Clinton's Cards
Frank and Benny's Restaurant
However congrats to Tesco Direct shop in Same location who had Mylar balloons for an Instore promo and whilst banging my drum in the Travel agents in Northwich Cheshire they informed me that they had been ordered by head office not to use them I think it was Going Places

IP Logged
ndj

!

Reply #28 - 04.05.10 at 13:49:51

Frankie and Bennies restaurants Bromborough retail park always have balloons outside.

The Yellow Submarine childrens play place hand out balloons to all party children  Angry

Conversely Kidz aloud in Bromborough and Mini Monster in  Heswall do not offer balloons or have balloons up at the party tables Cheesy

IP Logged
ndj

!

Reply #29 - 04.05.10 at 13:53:33

Thompsons travel agetnts in Heswall both in the shop and tied to their placard on the pavement.  Along with the Clinton cards in Heswall who again had this on display.

Card shops seem to be dreadful for this.  Liverpool card shops very bad for balloon displays.

Debenhams in Wrexham also had balloons on display

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print