Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
17.06.19 at 17:58:44
News: Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Where did you see balloons (Read 31574 times)
Bob
Global Moderator

Re: Where did you see balloons
Reply #30 - 06.05.10 at 19:10:42

Couldn't go into the Halifax Bank in Nottingham today; balloons everywhere.

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
latexal

!

Reply #31 - 07.05.10 at 00:29:25

MAX SPIELMAN IN NORTHWICH CHESHIRE.

IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #32 - 07.05.10 at 06:37:40

Edinborough Wool Shop and Ponden Homes in Gosport yesterday....

IP Logged
Erika
Newbies

!

Reply #33 - 23.06.10 at 10:42:23

In New Zealand...

Countdown food super market
Page and Blackmores
Noel Leamings
Bond and Bond
Powerstore
Pascoes jewellers
Kitts shoes

Many cafes

and far far more to name....just about every store....move to Lapland???

IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #34 - 09.08.10 at 20:53:53

Shell garage on the outskirts of Portsmouth, yellow balloons on the forecourt by the petrol pumps and inside the shop....

IP Logged
Lesley

!

Reply #35 - 05.09.10 at 14:50:40

Hi all

I have written a formal letter from LASG stating all the Health and Safety responsibilities etc re Latex Allergy to; Nestle, McDonalds, Boots, Phones4U, Sainsburys, Clinton Cards, B&Q, The Salvation Army, Frankie and Benny's, The Body Shop. BHS, Superdrug, Debenhams, Holland and Barrett, HMV, NEXT, Cancer Research, Waterstones, Birthdays, Dreams, NatWest, Thompson's Travel, Focus and the Children's Society and will now send letters to Thomas Cook, Comic Relief, Pizza Hut, IKEA, Edinburgh Wool Shop, Shoe Zone, Halifax Bank and Shell Garages.

I have had a few positive results the best being from NEXT. Some others are just sending the letter to the relevant person, so as usual that may be the bin, but we'll keep on keeping on.

The most disappointing has been the Olympic committee which has systematically ignored 3 contacts including one directly to Lord Coe! Very annoying, but I will keep going.  Regards to all Lesley LASG Smiley

IP Logged
Tami

!

Reply #36 - 27.09.10 at 12:19:41

boots, the willows, torquay. loads of white ones all over most make up stands.
Had to walk out.
Tami

Email   IP Logged
Pam

!

Reply #37 - 29.09.10 at 16:30:38

Asda in Hyde, Cheshire   Angry  They are also regularly in so many Boots stores too.

The last 2 times I have been in they have had balloons at every single till so I am now sending them a letter based on the one on here.

Pam

IP Logged
Teresa
Newbies

!

Reply #38 - 28.02.11 at 23:39:51

Mothercare,
Car showrooms and forecourts MJA car sales, Peugot
Local LATEX FREE A and E  
Chrity shops
ASDA
Boots
Superdrug
Dolphin showrooms
Dreams (although when I rang them they did remove them for the day I shopped there)
Tesco
Recruitment companies
MY work Grrrr (mind you they got a godd erm....rollocking on 3 separate occasions and now they use foil)
Mc Donalds....flipping nightmare with the kids wanting to be the same as thier friends
Giraffe
give me time and I am sure I can think of more.
HSBC ( they seem to have less displays of balloons in the last year) I had breathing difficulties ....no warnings outside branch either.
oh and a few more:-
Halifax
Santander
Barclays
Toni and Guy
Pets at home
Currys
Pc world  
Comet
Carpet right
Wilkinsons

Kindest regards
Teresa

IP Logged
Bob
Global Moderator

Reply #39 - 01.03.11 at 09:37:00

You saw balloons in your local A&E???   That's absolutely ridiculous.   Write to your MP, make a complaint and ask to see a copy of their latex policy.

I did this on one occasion about 10 years ago and I got a copy of the document.   It didn't actually say anything. \just a load of blurb written by someone who quite obviously knew nothing about the subject.

Our local A&E now has a proper latex policy and I am in frequent touch with the health and safety officer.

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
Teresa
Newbies

!

Reply #40 - 01.03.11 at 09:41:50

Hi Bob,  
Balloons were in an area which has been made Latex free or should I say latex safe etc. I have learnt from experience that nothing is ever latex free. Even more so A and E with all the people traffic. The reason for the balloons were it was someones leaving day. Whats worse the balloons were in the Paediactric area....and the nurses do not fully understand and hide behind the fact management have said they may call the area Latex free, ehem...A complaint did go into PALS.
Teresa

IP Logged
Andy

Reply #41 - 02.04.11 at 00:50:54

I saw ballons in the entrance of the hospital I work at promoting a fund raising appeal. My risk management midwife was informed and I wrote an incident form. She contacted the guy who is charge of the appeal and I am waiting to hear what he said. She was extremly sympathetic and was glad that I had pointed this out as they are having a grand opening of one of the new childrens wards which this fundraising appeal has helped equipe. So hopefully there will be no latex balloons.
Also since Wednesday I have come to the conclussion that shopping in London is an extremly dangerous past time. My young daughter had to virtually become my carer as Krispy Kreame donuts, mcdonalds and Boots all had balloons in their shops.

IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #42 - 03.04.11 at 12:54:20

Hi Teresa, Andy and All

It just seems that we can not go near a shop but there appears to be balloons everywhere. I try to avoid shopping centres if I can as you know they are going to be there in some of the shops.

I try to take my business elsewhere but not easier said than done if you need to buy a big item.

Take care all
Teddy

It especially annoys me that hospitals have balloons no matter what the reason especially advertising health issues e.g. Smoking Cesation etc

Teddy
  IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #43 - 28.12.12 at 10:49:18

Sainsburys new store in Bognor Regis had foil balloons at every paypoint but had a huge arch of latex balloons at the entrance.

Matalan and Tops Tiles in Bognor also currently have balloons outside their stores.

IP Logged
Tinkerbell

Reply #44 - 11.10.13 at 17:34:24

Hi Teddy, I hope you are doing well,  
I was rather unpleasantly surprised Tesco had balloons at Eskbank Midlothian,specsavers,semi chem at Cameron toll edinburgh too  Angry

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print