Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Latex free balls (Read 7086 times)
1964apple

I Love YaBB 2!

Latex free balls
26.08.10 at 08:01:14

I have chatted with Richard from http://www.bishopsport.co.uk he has checked all the balls supplied by his company and all the masterplay balls with the exception of FB506 are latex free. All the branded balls do contain latex. I have ordered a netball, basket ball, football, volley ball and rugby ball!

Chris

IP Logged
Chantelle

Chantelle &
Jacinth

Re: Latex free balls
Reply #1 - 03.09.10 at 17:29:17

Brilliant - Thanks for that.  I will let Jacinth's nursery / school know.

Is there any chance you can clarify what balls are latex free though please?  I have just looked on the site and they have the bobbly balls and the 'pom pom' balls and I am sure these had latex.  
http://www.bishopsport.co.uk/product.asp?strPageHistory=search&numSearchStar tRecord=41&strParents=0&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=3769&btnProduct=More+Details for example has them.
I'd looked into that sort of toy and seemed to find that all of them involved dipped latex!
There also seems to be plenty of tennis balls which I thought were latex too!

Sorry to ask but the headteacher says he will only buy latex free from now on so I need to stear him in the right direction.

(I have e-mailed the company!)

IP Logged
1964apple

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Latex free balls
Reply #2 - 03.09.10 at 19:55:56

Hi Richrd said that all the balls branded masterplay are latex free with the exception of exception of FB506. I ordered basket balls, volley balls, netball, football and some soft play balls. I didn't go into the balls likely to be used by primary schools, however, I am sure Richard would help if you give the company a call, it took about a week to get back to me with the answers.

Meg played with all the balls before I took then to school and was fine with them. Richard was very helpful, hopefully it won't be a problem in the future as Meg started latex desensitization in March and may be somewhat improved by Christmas. When I have information as to how it is going I will start a new subject and let everyone know!  

Good look with the balls

Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print