Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
17.06.19 at 04:44:45
News: Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help required please! (Read 1644 times)
cheekychick
Newbies

!

Help required please!
01.01.11 at 22:16:19

www.izzyandollie.com is a Childrenís Safety Education website that has recently been launched. †This project was inspired when my daughter (aged 2 & a half) called 999 for me following an anaphylactic shock. In the days that followed, Isabelle experienced her 15 minutes of fame on the National News and in National Newspapers. I was taken aback by comments made by the general public, most who thought I had taught my daughter this skill simply because I was a Police Officer. †This was not the case. As most parents do, I thought Isabelle was a bright child, but firmly believe children can be taught anything if you repeat it often enough to them. I do not consider my child to be a genius as one newspaper article kindly described her, just one who listens and absorbs information.  

It made me consider how wonderful it would be if all young children could be educated about emergency situations. To simply learn their full name, age and address as early as possible is highly beneficial to themselves, to help saves someoneís life is truly amazing. Of course there are many more ways in which we can educate our children in an emergency or predicament they may find themselves in, and as such I have written four children's books targeted at pre-school children. The stories are based on a brother and sister who find themselves in various situations and what course of action they undertake. They encompass Child Safety issues together with simple courses of action that children could learn and replicate should they ever find themselves in the same situation. †I have no doubt there are many people in the country who suffer from an illness, acute condition or become incapacitated after an accident within the home which could require emergency care. If, like I was, you were at home with only your young children, you may be relying on them for assistance one day. It would be tragic if parents had not considered teaching their children a basic emergency response simply because they considered them too young to understand, or incapable of doing so. My daughter is living proof!  

The website itself details how I taught my daughter from such a young age details that would undoubtedly assist her should she ever require help. †Since the launch of the website I have had a fantastic response. †A Japanese television company have filmed our story and this was aired in Japan in December, I have written an article for Allergy UK and the makers of Epipen Alk Abello. †I have also received lots of emails saying how wonderful the site is, that I should promote it more and that they want to purchase the books now! †The responses that have been important to me are from those who have medical conditions or had experienced accidents within the home that hadnít thought to teach their young children this vital information and as such have begun to. †If this project can help just a few people for it to make a difference as it did to me then I would be elated. †Together with your help I can get this message to as many people as possible. †Thank you for your assistance, Jo

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print