Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
26.02.21 at 22:20:38
News: Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Xanthum Gum (Read 4640 times)
Teresa
Newbies

!

Xanthum Gum
28.02.11 at 22:52:19

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else reacts to a Xanthum gum, cellulose gum, guar gum and other gum in toothpastes. The reason I ask this is since I have avoided these in my diet and in my toothpastes, I find it slightly easier with a latex allergy. I get less of a sticky/claggy throat and I no longer have a killer toothbrush (I have changed my toothbrush) or toothpaste (I used to choke when brushing my teeth). Meaning no extra anti-histamine at night. Smiley

Kindest regards,
Teresa

IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Re: Xanthum Gum
Reply #1 - 01.03.11 at 10:58:37

Due to other allergies and intolerances I avoid all these ingredients so I can't answer the question.

Oral B toothbrushes are all latex free but always check with manufacturer in case of any changes

Take care

Teddy

Teddy
  IP Logged
Tinkerbell

Reply #2 - 04.06.14 at 01:28:40

I note that Xanthium gum in its description does not indicate a link to latex but the other evening I had a severe reaction to a Bernaise sauce shop bought (that'll teach me). It too contained the aforesaid gum and other ingredients not normally an issue. Coincidence or link or latex contamination?

IP Logged
Bob
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 04.06.14 at 08:04:58

Never come across any problems with Xanthium gum before Wendy.   Possibly you're right in suspecting contamination.

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
Sandra
Newbies

!

Reply #4 - 19.06.14 at 21:35:05

not noticed the problem in toothpaste, but I cannot chew chewing gum and that has a high concentration of xanthum gum in it, makes my throat claggy and my tongue feel huge.

Sandra x

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print