Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ASDA (Read 7789 times)
Jen

!

ASDA
23.06.11 at 12:19:34

Went to Asda wallmart in Cribbs Causeway in Bristol yesterday.  Balloons in George section and in seasonal section where they are using them to promote their summer living ranges.  

No beer for me then!  Angry

Jen

IP Logged
Kim

!

Re: ASDA
Reply #1 - 23.06.11 at 15:27:20

Out of all the supermarkets, I have have found Asda the worst and not only does my local one use balloons regularly, they use latex gloves in food handling and cleaning so it is not safe for me to buy anything for Lewis so I just don't shop there.

I tend to go to Morrisons the most, rarely have balloons and always use vinyl gloves for their food handling and cleaning

Kim

IP Logged
Tami

!

Reply #2 - 23.06.11 at 16:49:01

Yea my local one uses latex gloves to handle all food in the cafe and elsewhere in the shop.

Newton abbot, devon.

Tend to use sainsburies but they are bad for putting the balloons out for all promotions.

Email   IP Logged
Andy

Reply #3 - 27.06.11 at 10:23:33

There has just been a new ASDA opened in my local town of Melksham. I didn't go when it first opened as I saw lots of balloons. After a week I rang them up to see when the balloons would come down and although the woman on the end of the phone was lovely, the message from the manager was he didn't know and anyway they always have balloons up in ASDA stores so tough! At least our local Sainsbury's always have the decency to call me and warn me that balloons are about to be put up so that I can do my shopping. I have to say I am very surprised by ASDA as being part of WAL-MART, an American company, I thought they would have been very hot on this type of thing.

IP Logged
Bob
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - 27.06.11 at 10:44:50

Probably worth a letter to HQ.   Anyone know the address?

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
Kim

!

Reply #5 - 27.06.11 at 13:18:09

UK Office  
ASDA Group Limited  
Asda House Southbank  
Great Wilson St.  
Leeds LS11 5AD

Phone: +44 (0)113 243 5435  
Fax: +44 (0)113 241 8666

Wal-Mart's total net sales from 2004 came to $256 billion an increase of 12% from the previous year. $47 billion of this came from the international sector, of which 45.6% was from Asda that's roughly $23 billion.  

Board of Directors

Tony Denunzio, CEO  
Before coming to Asda, Tony Denunzio worked for Pepsico and L'Oreal. He is currently a non-executive director of the MFI furniture group1, which used to be owned by Asda, and chairs the Retail Strategy Group.[2]  
Andrew Bond  
David Cheesewright  
David Downie  
David Smith  
David Dible  
Harold Scott Jr  
John Longworth  
John Menzer  
Angela Spindler  
Judith McKenna  
Company Secretary is John Longworth

Andrew Bond is also chairman of property developer Gazeley, also owned by Wal-Mart.[3]  

John B Menzer is also a senior officer of Wal-Mart, holding the positions Executive Vice-President and President & CEO of the International Division.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Bob
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 27.06.11 at 19:53:07

Many thanks Kim. The letter will be posted tomorrow and I'll report back.

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 28.06.11 at 16:01:51

It is awful that we have to put up with balloons in so many stores.

Walk with your feet and tell everyone, family, friends etc to do the same

Hurt them in the pocket

We are running out of safe places to shop.

Teddy
  IP Logged
Tinkerbell

Reply #8 - 16.08.11 at 00:46:23

Sainsbury at Cameron toll Edinburgh, major user of balloons but a recent visit to Asda was awful 4 balloons to each checkout by which time my trolley was full!!!!

IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - 16.08.11 at 11:59:18

When will these large stores ever learn. Is it going to take someone dropping dead from anaphylactic shock before they do something about stopping this cheap and nasty form of advertising.

Makes me so angry argh Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Teddy
  IP Logged
Laura

!

Reply #10 - 04.04.12 at 09:44:38

Hi all sorry have not been around for quite some time now i have been very ill and still am i have a Pulmonary embolism have had it over 3 months now with no signs of it disolving yet have constant chest infections on top of it too  Angry how ever with regards to Asda our local Asda are a night mare for balloons my daughter has reacted several times due to them having balloons at every checkout even self sevice ones have complained to store manager and Asda house and they refuse to change their policy it's just not on i am sick of it something needs to be done i have to call ahead now and ask if there are balloons in store before i go there  Angry i hope everyone is well be safe xxx

IP Logged
ali
Top Member

!

Reply #11 - 05.04.12 at 09:19:35

Asda at Waterlooville had a whole arch of balloons yesterday !!!!!!!  Asda seem to be getting worse at the number of balloons they use, not better.

Alison

Email   IP Logged
Jen

!

Reply #12 - 05.04.12 at 18:32:14

I've noticed that too   Angry

Asda is my nearest store...

Thank goodness for internet shopping!

Jen

IP Logged
Teddy