Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
26.02.21 at 22:25:29
News: Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
elderflower (Read 11282 times)
ali
Top Member

!

elderflower
02.01.12 at 19:36:19

Has anyone had any problems with elderflower cordial or drinks containing elderflower extract ?  Had a reaction today, felt fine, but when talking my brain and my mouth were definitely disconnected - it was if I'd been drinking.  The only thing I could think of was Sparkling mineral water with elderflower - any suggestions?

Happy New Year.

Alison.

Email   IP Logged
Bob
Global Moderator

Re: elderflower
Reply #1 - 02.01.12 at 20:21:05

Never heard of any of our members having a problem with Elderflower Ali.

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #2 - 03.01.12 at 11:23:39

Are you allergic to moulds (from flower heads) or sulphites likely to be found in the cordial? Also if lemon is used in the cordial have you considered salicylate sensitivity?

IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 09.01.12 at 23:36:35

Good info given Liz. I am fully allergic to sulphites and I also have salicylate intolerance.

Lesley

Teddy
  IP Logged
JohnS
Newbies

!

Reply #4 - 27.01.12 at 19:59:42

Hi Ali, Its nice to share these problems with some one else. I had an untraceable reaction on Wednesday, it wiped out the day. I think it might have been tinned mackerel with a spicey sauce - latex gloves or component of the sauce? I'll never know. We never go back to retest bad experiences so we never get to check!

It occurred to me that Elderflower may be full of pollen. Do you get hay fever?

Good luck.

Best wishes

John Cool

JohnS
Email   IP Logged
Teddy
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 03.02.12 at 22:48:07

Hi John

For me its the sulphites but a lot of people with latex allergy appear to have hay fever. I for one have and suffer terribly with it.

Like you say we eat something once and if it affects us like you wiping the day out and that happens to me I can have 48 hours reacting we do not go back to it again.

That is the good thing about keeping a diary it lets us see what else we are reacting to.

Take care

Lesley

Teddy
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print