Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
13.12.19 at 15:58:53
News: Welcome to our forum.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Balloons at the Olympics (Read 2327 times)
Lesley

!

Balloons at the Olympics
06.05.12 at 08:47:11

Dear all

Last year we asked Lord Tim Boswell, one of our presidents to contact Seb (Lord) Coe regarding the use of balloons at Olympic events. I had written to Lord Coe three times and had received no response to letters. Tim Boswell did write to Lord Coe and yet this morning we see a mass balloon release at the opening of the Olympic Stadium.  

I have emailed Tim Boswell this morning and asked that he speaks to Lord Coe (again) - Can you all also make contact with your MPs and ask them to contact Lord Coe as well, telling them about Latex Allergy if they haven't been informed before.  

Thanks so much
Lesley
VC LASG

IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Re: Balloons at the Olympics
Reply #1 - 06.05.12 at 20:11:46

I was offered an interview to volunteer at the olympics, but ended up withdrawing because they could not give me any info regarding latex and its use or protective measures in place (even after several phone calls). I did not see the balloon launch but my mother told me about it. Have to say the whole thing has left me absolutely disgusted.

IP Logged
Lesley

!

Re: Balloons at the Olympics
Reply #2 - 06.05.12 at 21:05:12

Quite frankly Liz, it has put me off the Olympics completely. Whilst I think the athletes are extraordinary; I think the organisers are arrogant and not in the slightest bit interested in the public and their needs. I am boycotting it all

Lesley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print