Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 1981 times)
LesleyM
Newbies

!

Hello
07.02.13 at 22:36:30

Hi!

I am new to the forum, but not to LASG. Some of you knew me as Lee Doyle.

Still trawling through old posts. Is it always this quiet?

L x

Email   IP Logged
Bob
Global Moderator

Re: Hello
Reply #1 - 08.02.13 at 08:53:24

It's been fairly quiet for some time now Lesley.   I think it might be that we've posted so much stuff now that if you want to answer a question you can find it on here somewhere if you look hard enough.

Apparently, some doctors are now quoting this site. Grin

A 'Veteran' - active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is one who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
  IP Logged
LesleyM
Newbies

!

Reply #2 - 08.02.13 at 16:52:20

Good!

Can you help with something? Last night I found the Case details of the lady who won Incapacity Benefit at the Court of Appeal. Can you point me to it as for the life of me I cannot find it again. Ideally I need a link to the actual judgement!

Re: Latex Free Kit. Yes, sort of. I still carry some of it but the reduction in the use of Latex by the local ambulance serice has helped negate the need. That and being allowed to control my environment by gaining Incapacity Benefit and DLA. Which I suspect the DWP would now like to take off me!

L x

Email   IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #3 - 11.02.13 at 14:14:31

Hi LeslieM

The case details are:  
CIB/256/2009 [2010] UKUT 127 (AAC) states that latex allergy can come under the exceptional circumstances rules (regulation 27(b) - substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if [s]he were found capable of work). This decision was upheld by the Court of Appeal as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions v Cattrell [2011] EWCA Civ 572 (29 March 2011).  

I will try and find the internet link for the case.....

IP Logged
Liz944
Global Moderator

!

Reply #4 - 11.02.13 at 14:17:47

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print