Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reactions to shampoo (Read 494 times)
Jackie
Newbies

!

Reactions to shampoo
26.06.17 at 09:40:50

Hi. I have reluctantly just come to the unfortunate realisation that I think I have type 1 latex allergy. I think I am also allergic to eggs.  I am trying to work out the things in my house I need to clear to minimise my reactions and am wondering about shampoo. I have a history of unexplained rashes on my neck and eyelids and think my other symptons are worse when I lie back on my hair.
Can this in anyway be connected to latex allergy. I am guessing that there is no latex in shampoo, but I think there is something in there thst doesn't like me and I am not sure what.  
Any ideas or help you csn give on this?
Thanks for reading.

IP Logged
LASG Forum Administrator
LASG Forum Administrator

Re: Reactions to shampoo
Reply #1 - 26.06.17 at 09:51:32

Never come across this before Jackie.   None of our Type 1 members have reported problems with shampoo.   You can get baby shampoos that are supposed to be allergy free.

I really think you should approach your doctor as an emergency and get him / her to prescribe an epipen.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Jackie
Newbies

!

Re: Reactions to shampoo
Reply #2 - 26.06.17 at 11:31:55

Hi.
I am waiting for a call from my doctor and will raise the issue regarding sn epipen then.  

I did see an old post from Teddy regarding shampoo. It may not actually be anything specifically latex related I am allergic to for that. I am only now being able to track down the things that cause me problems. As a lot of the allergies are triggered by inhalation, it makes it that much more diffivult.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print