Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Latex Allergy Support Forum
13.12.19 at 15:57:40
News: Visit YaBB today Wink
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Latex balloons in hospital (Read 154 times)
Kim2
Newbies

!

Latex balloons in hospital
26.09.19 at 11:57:37

Hi all
We have a balloon stall in our local hospital and stalls for charities also use balloons. I have asked for them to be removed and should not be in a hospital setting. But it's not happening. Now we have to inform the hospital when our appointment is and they try and make sure no balloons etc but doesn't always work like this and we have had to reschedule a appointment this time. How do I get the hospital to realise how dangerous latex allergy is ? Thanks for reading. Kim

IP Logged
LASG Forum Administrator
LASG Forum Administrator

Re: Latex balloons in hospital
Reply #1 - 27.09.19 at 07:58:43

Hi Kim.   What hospital is this?   We had a similar problem with Nottingham City Hospital some years ago and we found that the only way round it was to take it up with our MP.   He asked for a copy of their latex policy and we got a copy.   It was one A4 page.   We threatened to sue and their latex policy is now about an inch thick.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Kim2
Newbies

!

Reply #2 - 30.09.19 at 09:58:48

Hi it's Queens Hospital in Romford. Ok thank you I was thinking this would be the way forward. Funny enough our local MP supports allergies and was on Twitter with Dr Fox so hopefully they can help. Thank you

IP Logged
LASG Forum Administrator
LASG Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - 30.09.19 at 13:44:34

Best of luck with it Kim and please let us know how you get on.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print